Welcome to Cheltenham Yoga
Our yoga classes in Cheltenham and Tewkesbury have been running since 2006 and we like to think that those who attend see their yoga practice as an essential part of their weekly regime, an antidote to the stresses of the working week and a little oasis of calm where they can take a little 'me time'.
Two fully qualified yoga teachers with a wealth of experience, we offer a wide range of classes throughout the week at our Montpellier and High Street venues in Cheltenham and also in central Tewkesbury.
Whilst we vary the nature of the yoga practice from class to class, we keep returning to similar techniques, sequences and postures to deepen our relationship with them. Our yoga students can always expect something to positively influence the body and the mind.
Our yoga classes adopt a Viniyoga approach inspired by the teachings of T.Krishnamacharya and T.K.V. Desikachar. The term’viniyoga’ is found in The Yoga Sūtras of Patañjali, one of the key texts on yoga written over 2000 years ago. Viniyoga relates to the appropriate application of yoga techniques to the individual, which is reflected in our style of teaching.
Our classes help people to understand
- What yoga is and what the potential benefits are to the individual.
- That it's not just about getting yourself into different shapes, or about building
the body beautiful. It's about so much more - the healthy working of the body, energy, the mind, focus, breath, reducing stress levels and how we approach life in general.
- That you don't have to be fit or flexible to get involved with yoga and access its many benefits, but these can be a result of regular practice.
- That yoga is not in conflict with but is a support to daily life, beliefs or faiths.
- That yoga is a serious business but can also be great fun.
- That as we are all individuals, it would be unreasonable and inadvisable to expect everyone to approach their yoga practice in the same way. Yoga should be to each according to their needs and from each according to their ability.
- As such we hope all our yoga classes in Cheltenham and Tewkesbury are a fun and positive experience for those who join us!
Workshops and other classes
In addition to our regular yoga classes we also run workshops focusing on a mixture of subjects including yoga philosophy, meditation, breathing and relaxation techniques and chanting. We regularly run Thai yoga massage introduction days and review days for old and existing students from our Thai yoga massage practitioner diploma courses.
We also host classes and workshops for a variety of teachers. So, even if a regular yoga class isn't for you at the moment why not try one of our Friday evening or weekend workshops.
>> Click here for our additional classes and workshop schedule
Cheltenham Yoga St Andrew's
St Andrew's Church Centre, Montpellier Street, Cheltenham, GL50 1SP
Cheltenham Yoga Studio
Church Mews, Church Street, Cheltenham, GL50 3HA
George Watson Memorial Hall, Barton Street, Tewkesbury, GL20 5BX